• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MP3 loading with OpenGL

This topic is 5510 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

anybody have any code snippets/websites, that will help me in loading MP3 files using the OpenGL libraries

Advertisement
Eughhh, .... OpenGL stands for "Open Graphics Library" and has nothing to do with mp3, nor sound. Did you mean OpenAl?
(500 x 1)

Click NOW!

OpenGL is a 3D graphics interface and thus doesn't provide any audio functionality.
[edit]
Whoops! SwSh already mentioned that
[/edit]
But to answer your question, try out BASS

good luck,
Pat

[edited by - darookie on January 23, 2003 8:41:45 PM]

I like OpenAL a lot. It doesn''t have MP3 support built in (which is a good thing, in my opinion ), but it''s easy to use seperate libraries to feed the PCM data to OpenAL (I''ve done this with Ogg Vorbis, and I''m currently working on using MP3''s with libmad too).

SDL also has sound support, which, when combined with SDL_mixer, makes a nice source library. Although, I haven''t used SDL_mixer, so I can''t give you much advise on how to go about playing encoding audio files with.

You could also take a look at FMOD
quote:

FMOD supports 3d sound, midi, mods, mp3, ogg vorbis, wma, aiff, recording, obstruction/occlusion, cd playback, mmx, internet streaming, dsp effects, spectrum analysis, user created samples and streams, synchronization support, ASIO, EAX 2&3, C/C++/VB/Delphi/MASM and more.

It''s really nice.

Click NOW!

• Advertisement