• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

way_out_west

Revision Questions

This topic is 5775 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been quite busy revising for my comp. science test and I''d like to ask 3 questions. 1) Namespaces: In a namespaces, is it possible to actually ''declare'' (Not Define) a built in type? For instance: namespace Test { extern int x; } int Test::x = 0; Of course, I''m aware that this (Or something very similar) does not work on MS DEV STUDIO 5.0. I was just curious. I mean, function prototypes are declarations and you can obviously use them in namespaces. There is declaration syntax for built in types (using extern, for example) but is there any way to use this in a namespace so the statement is just a declaration? Templates: Is the definition of a Template also it''s declaration? If not, could someone please differenciate them. Mixins or capabiltity classes: We never did an example. Could someone please provide a brief one. I really do appreciate you help.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!