• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is 6925 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
If your asking that question then you are probably not ready to undertake that endevor. Assuming you know how to program I would suggest you first look into a 3d api, either Open GL or Direct 3d. By learning them well you will gain an understanding of how 3d graphics works. You will then be in a position to answer your own question

Good Luck

B

by spending a year or two slaving over code, usually alone at the first stage, inventing algorithms, reinventing the wheel, and consuming more coffee than would be required to kill or at least completely incapacitate a small elephant. oh, almost forgot, you need to have a modicum of 3d programming skills, which i dont believe you have or you wouldn''t have posted that question. get a book.

--
Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.

He he, I remember when I used to post questions like that (of course, that was way before this board, or even this site was up).
I can understand your question. You basicly want to know how to program 3d graphics, right? Well, before you delve into 3d graphics, you should learn 2d graphics programming, because the entire point of 3d graphics is actually to convert a 3d scene to a format that can be displayed on a 2d screen (i.e. the format of colored pixels).
So, learn 2d graphics by reading tutoirials, buying game programming books (and, obviously, reading the books ), and once you have implimented a pretty good (and fast) 2d graphics library, THEN you will be ready to move onto 3d graphics.
And (just like 2d graphics) you will probably do best to learn 3d graphics by reading a slew of tutorials and books on the subject.

Anyway, hope this helps!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!