Card playing AIs (specifically bridge)

Started by
0 comments, last by Promiscuous Robot 23 years, 11 months ago
Hello all. I''m working on an AI opponent for the card game Bridge. Oooooh, sounds fun. I was wondering if anyone knows any good resources on the net for this type of AI programming. Or if anyone has ideas they''d like to share. I''ll just quickly go over what I''ve thought about so far (if you don''t know how to play bridge, don''t bother reading): -bidding is done by holding a history of bids, and then checking current bid against set of rules based on his hand e.g. AI can decide whether or not to back his partner based on the 3 trump, 1 honour, 6-9 point ''rule''. -playing can be done with several ''goals''. one might be to suck out trump. -counting cards -- based on set skill. a novice AI will not count cards very accurately, whereas a pro AI will probably know where almost all important cards are. Any ideas?? Love to hear them. I guess this is where most people put a famous quote... "Everything is funnier with monkey''s" - Unknown
--------------------------I guess this is where most people put a famous quote..."Everything is funnier with monkey''s" - Unknown
Advertisement
You could have the computer cheat and look at all players cards and then make mistakes on a random basis? Just another way to look at the problem I guess.
"If you build it, it will crash."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement