[java] Try my Demo

Started by
10 comments, last by Wrathnut 21 years, 2 months ago
I have a 1.4 ghz Athalon with 512MB of ram, running Windows 2000 pro and V1.4.1 of the JRE. I hope that helps.
Advertisement
Hey guys, thanks for the great response and suggestions, let me address a few points here. One things first though.. If you haven''t seen the original Anime or the cartoon network version this game is based on that.

NuffSaid- You''ll be pleased to konw that Faye is on the way! I have been doing some sketches(on paper since about last month) of her ship. Later in the game I want to the player to be able to pilot faye''s ship and jet''s ship also.
As for his big cannon I have been trying to figure a way to implement it that will work within my current architecture, only a matter of time...

Petr Stedry- Actually the ship is smaller than my first few demos, but an optional webstart version is possible I think, since that could be full-screen.
There will be more ships to pilot in later levels.
You are also right about needing to focus in something else besides destruction, otherwise it will get old fast, for non Otaku.

kentaro - Yea collision detection is being done with bounding boxes. I have seen an article from a member of this forum that deals with pixel perfect col-det, but I am afraid It will make a huge frame-rate hit for me. But I need to explore it further. I will see if I can''t find the link for you.

Themonkster- Unfortunately I don''t think I will be adding any real backgrounds to this game.. I need to be dial-up friendly and as it stands I am already pushing that boundary for the amount of media I am using.
I like your idea of using jazz for the game bgm, I will rip a few samples from my Bebop cd and see if I can''t find something that isn''t too annoying to loop.
^_^ there are more weapons, but I didn''t put em in the first few levels cause I thought it made them pointlessly easy. But I am sure if I think about it I can make something that won''t do that.
I do like the idea of an option webstart version too. I will play with that.

pythonfan- Thanks a million man!

Thanks again for all the feedback and criticism guys. You all are the best!!

Anime:Drugs would be cheaper.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement