SDL_mixer, and libvorbis and smpeg

Started by
2 comments, last by compumatrix 21 years, 2 months ago
I am using mingw-2.0.0-3 and msys-1.0.8 and I am trying to compile the libraries libogg and libvorbis, smpeg, and finally SDL_mixer. I had no problem compiling SDL proper but I have encountered compile errors while compiling libogg and smpeg. I want to end up with the SDL_mixer library with support for .mp3 and .ogg files. Is there a binary release of the libraries and headers for this anywhere? Can anyone point me to a tutorial or some example of how to set this up? Compiling libraries is rather simple when they actually compile, but when I get compile errors then I am pretty much lost as to what to do next. Anyone that thinks they have info that might help me please post, it is much appreciated. [edited by - compumatrix on January 27, 2003 8:37:54 PM]
Advertisement
I know that this isn''t answering your question, but you can use FMOD for mp3 and ogg files and it is cross platform on just about anything. Only one library for mixing and all file support.
www.fmod.org

As to your question, I can''t help. sorry.

Karg
libogg (which I am trying to build so that I can build libvorbis) is saying that it cannot find a file named "_G_config.h" Any Ideas?

In file included from ../include/ogg/ogg.h:24,                 from framing.c:25:../include/off/os_types.h:37:26: _G_config.h: No such file or directory 
I found that file, so far that seems to have been the problem. I found this zip file that contains the header I needed. The problem was more or less disscussed in some FAQ for some random thing I dug up on google:

ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/egcs-1.1.1/egcs-1.1.1-mingw-extra.tar.gz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement