Ok gettting a grasp of it so..

Started by
6 comments, last by Zero_Cool2003 21 years, 2 months ago
ok im gettting it and once you start and get into it its easy but how do I make a game window with buttons that when click go to varrious other screens how does it all come together for game programing? Zero_Cool Begginer now. Destined to wield the unimaginable power of code!
Zero_CoolBegginer now.Destined to wield the unimaginable power of code!
Advertisement
*BUMP*

Zero_Cool
Begginer now.
Destined to wield the unimaginable power of code!
I think I''ve got it thx.lol

Zero_Cool
Begginer now.
I think you need to narrow down your question, Zero. In my program I''m writing now, I detect if a user clicks a button (on a Windows dialog box), but I had previously written the same thing, using rectangles I drew to the screen as buttons. There are infinite ways to do buttons Could you be more specific with what you want?

Peon
Peon
Okay I have realized that I speak so that it is clear to me but only me(even sometimes Im confused by what I say).

What I was wondering is how to make a window apear with a backround and buttons like "New Game",or "Quit", then how do I make it advance to the next window or screen or exit the game accordingly when the button is pushed?
If you know of a tutorial it might be easier then you having to inturpit it all to me:

So like this:

Game Menu -> Click On "New Game" -> The Next Screen
or
Game Menu -> Click On "Exit" or "Quit" -> Exits The Game

If this doesn''t help clarify my question I''m sorry I can always give it another go...

Zero_Cool
Begginer now.
Yah please clarify are you thinking of something like a main menu for a game or a windows program?
What I did was have a game state variable and handle each state (menu, main gameplay etc.) with a switch statement.
K thx sure I''m sure I will understand it once i learn more thx again all.

Zero_Cool
Begginer now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement