Object oriented programming with CObject.

Started by
0 comments, last by GekkoCube 21 years, 2 months ago
I''ve always been mostly a procedural programmer rather than an OOP in its strictest sense. I use objects, but I dont frequently practice polymorphism and inheritance. I want to make use of it and take advantage of them for my current project. But I am a bit rusty. Can someone post a really basic/simple sample of a base class and a derived class that demonstrated polymorphism/virtual functions? Also a brief description of how "has a", "is a", and everything else like that can be implemented is a bonus. thanks.
Advertisement

class Base{public:    virtual void DoSomething()    {        printf("Base function called.");    }};class Derived: public Base{public:    virtual void DoSomething()    {        printf("Derived function called.");    }};void main(){    Base *obj1 = new Base;    Base *obj2 = new Derived;    // Outputs "Base function called."    obj1->DoSomething();    // Outputs "Derived function called."    obj2->DoSomething();    delete obj1;    delete obj2;}    

As you can see, though obj2 is a pointer to Base, the virtual function mechanism knows that it points to Derived and calls the right function.

// Website // Google // GameDev // NeHe // MSDN //

[edited by - neoztar on January 28, 2003 12:08:51 PM]
~neoztar "Any lock can be picked with a big enough hammer"my website | opengl extensions | try here firstguru of the week | msdn library | c++ faq lite

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement