Making screensavers?

Started by
10 comments, last by julienX 21 years, 2 months ago
Hey everyone, I''m wondering whether its possible to create your own screensavers, if so then how would i do it? I mean, I have coded a windows application, but is there a way to use the program as a screensaver? Thanks
chacha
Advertisement
easy peasy...
rename the exe to scr

ie.) mything.exe -> mything.scr

of course, youd want to handle the mousemove event or keypresses
so that if somebody actually wanted to exit your screensaver, it''d work

there might be another way, but that''s how i''ve always done mine..

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

Do NOT let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor!

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
google
There''s some more stuff to it, like including settings dialogs that can be changed in the display properties, but I guess "google" already says all of that...
quote:Original post by petewood
google

I''m sorry, but I couldn''t just let that post go without commenting.. I think it is very very safe to say that any questions that are asked on this board will have an answer somewhere out there and you can always use google to find the answers.. However if some one is looking for help on a subject an answer such as above isn''t very helpfull

I even tried and didn''t really find a answer to the question, maybe a suggestion on what search criteria would be helpfull

Please visit Turt99 Productions
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER OR MY BLOG
Direct X has a screen saver framework with it. And Phil Taylor wrote an article on how to use it. Its definetly worth a look

Cheers
Chris
CheersChris
why dont we just replace the forum with a link to google?
Here is a site that I found that shows you how to create an OpenGL screen saver (with source)
http://www.dev-gallery.com/programming/opengl/rasterSaver/main.htm

jp.

==============================================
I feel like a kid in some kind of store...
==============================================
www.thejpsystem.com
==============================================I feel like a kid in some kind of store... ============================================== www.thejpsystem.com
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
why dont we just replace the forum with a link to google?

Great idea! In the meantime...

GDNet Lounge:
"So, what''d everyone think of Buffy last night?"
"google"
quote::Original post by petewood
google

quote::Original post by Turt99
I'm sorry, but I couldn't just let that post go without commenting.. I think it is very very safe to say that any questions that are asked on this board will have an answer somewhere out there and you can always use google to find the answers.. However if some one is looking for help on a subject an answer such as above isn't very helpfull

What operating system version is he developing on? What programming language is he using? What development environment is he using? Is he using OpenGL? Or maybe DirectX? If he's using Microsoft's technologies, why not look at their documentation?

quote:I even tried and didn't really find a answer to the question, maybe a suggestion on what search criteria would be helpfull

I'll just go away and do a load of searching until I find something then come back and give you the final keywords I used in the search. Then he can just look at the page and pick what looks interesting, okay?

There are plenty of very in depth tutorial 'out there' which will help far more than asking questions in dribs and drabs and eventually being told 'there's a tutorial here'

[edited by - petewood on January 28, 2003 12:23:27 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement