how can i prevent an end task

Started by
7 comments, last by jakerrz 21 years, 2 months ago
How can i make it so that my windows program can''t be ended through the task manager.
Advertisement
Intercept the WM_CLOSE message, at least that''s how I do it.

Later,

Michael Bartman
Michael BartmanLead ProgrammerDark Omen Studios
IIRC you cannot prevent it on NT-based systems (2000, XP)
thats true, I meant to post that that only works in win98/95. My bad.

Michael Bartman
Michael BartmanLead ProgrammerDark Omen Studios
Is there a way to make it so that my program did not apear in the taskmanager''s applications but only in the processes?
my name is jakerrz, i'm writing a virus or a trojan....

-me

[edited by - Palidine on January 28, 2003 8:15:34 PM]
No, you can''t prevent an end task. Thats an OS function and unless you can con Microsoft into not including that in the next version of Windows, you won''t be able to prevent it.

Yes, you can write a process that only ends up under processes tab.
quote:Original post by jakerrz
Is there a way to make it so that my program did not apear in the taskmanager''s applications but only in the processes?
Do not create an application window, or no window at all. A single dialog without parent won''t show up in the task bar or the task manager''s application list. Your process will be listed in the process list of course. It is not possible to prevent your process from being killed. It is possible, though, to mimic that (so the "application" always exist), but as this question sounds rather suspisous, I won''t explain it further.

quote:Original post by jakerrz

Yes, let it run inside another runing app, but that''s a virus.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement