FTP Library needed.

Started by
7 comments, last by TheVirus 21 years, 2 months ago
I wrote a small app using the WinInet API, i want to redo it using sockets, but i dont know them that well to dive right in and have at it, so im looking for something that wraps the sockets api into a nice class, same way i did w/ wininet, easier for me to learn I mainly need it to display dates, since WinInet doesnt display dates on dirs/files 100% of the time, i need sockets to do it, so im looking for a class that supports dates. Ive searched google and sourceforge and havent found anything good, that or i cant search that well.. Im writing this in C/C++ so thats what im looking for, no VB =\ Thanks
Advertisement
Not sure exactly what you''re looking for (you need a library for handling FTP connections is all I''m sure of ), but you might be interested in libcurl. It''s pretty nice, free and open source, and in relatively common use in the *nix world.

Works with windows i hope

Looking to do the following:

Connect
Get a dir list (array of dirs)
Change dir
List files (*.txt, etc)
Get the file
Change dir (..)
... continue. until no more dirs
Disconnect.
LibCurl definatelly works under windows though I don''t know much about how it works in terms of FTP requests like dir listings; it''s definatelly nice to use & has a simple API.
Alright, ill read the docs and see if itll work Thanks

Post more if you find more =D
For plain sockets, learn about it: http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~beej/guide/net/ .

I''d highly recommend wrapping socket functionality in a class (which certainly isn''t hard).
The .Net implementation of Socket is nice
Yea i read Beej''s tut.. not really in depth enough for FTPing though.. Also I found it kind of confusing at points, most of it was straight forward though..
I believe (if I remember correctly) that Todd Barron - author of the "Multi-Player Game Programming" book wrapped up sockets in a neat little class but also explained the contents well enough. Yeah, get that book - it''s just what you''re looking for!
I shall check it out Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement