Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GetOpenFileName in fullscreen DirectDraw

This topic is 5435 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a way I can use the GetOpenFileName dialog in full screen without it taking over the screen? To be more specific, in the OPENFILENAME struct part, if I initialize the parent window to NULL, I never see the dialog because direct draw draws over it, if I initialize it to the main window handle or another dialog I see the dialog box but the main screen remains black instead of continuing on behind my dialog boxes. So basicly, is there a way I can do this with GetOpenFileName or do I have to design my own dialog box? Thanks btw: C++, DX8.1, DirectDraw [edited by - evillive2 on January 29, 2003 1:38:08 AM]

You cannot safley use *any* gdi functionailty whilst you are in full screen mode. You basically have two choices, come out of full screen mode to a windowed mode whilst you allow file selection, or implement the find file dialog within your application (not using an actual dialog).

Erg, hope that made sense :-)

Alan

quote:

You cannot safley use *any* gdi functionailty whilst you are in full screen mode.

I have multiple gdi dialogs I "safely" use that do not interfere with the full screen mode. I am wondering why the GetOpenFileName one isn''t working like the other ones I created. After some more research, I am assuming that because my other dialog boxes are non-modal and I think the GetOpenFileName dialog is modal, that this is the problem although I haven''t found any documentation to support my theory yet? If anyone could clarify this I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance