Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evillive2

GetOpenFileName in fullscreen DirectDraw

Is there a way I can use the GetOpenFileName dialog in full screen without it taking over the screen? To be more specific, in the OPENFILENAME struct part, if I initialize the parent window to NULL, I never see the dialog because direct draw draws over it, if I initialize it to the main window handle or another dialog I see the dialog box but the main screen remains black instead of continuing on behind my dialog boxes. So basicly, is there a way I can do this with GetOpenFileName or do I have to design my own dialog box? Thanks btw: C++, DX8.1, DirectDraw [edited by - evillive2 on January 29, 2003 1:38:08 AM]

You cannot safley use *any* gdi functionailty whilst you are in full screen mode. You basically have two choices, come out of full screen mode to a windowed mode whilst you allow file selection, or implement the find file dialog within your application (not using an actual dialog).

Erg, hope that made sense :-)

Alan

quote:

You cannot safley use *any* gdi functionailty whilst you are in full screen mode.

I have multiple gdi dialogs I "safely" use that do not interfere with the full screen mode. I am wondering why the GetOpenFileName one isn''t working like the other ones I created. After some more research, I am assuming that because my other dialog boxes are non-modal and I think the GetOpenFileName dialog is modal, that this is the problem although I haven''t found any documentation to support my theory yet? If anyone could clarify this I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance