Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALWAYS rebuilding.......

This topic is 5436 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''ve just formated my pc and installed windows XP, DirectX9 SDK and M$VC++ 6.0, and now I''m trying to compile some projects that I have done before formatting and when I compile the project it always makes an entire rebuild of the project instead of compiling only the modified files. Any Ideas on how to ''normal'' compile my projects ? thanx in advance
KaMiKaZe

quote:
Original post by niyaw

From my parents' home in Wyoming, I stab at thee!

This comes up a lot, doesn't it? I think there should be a forum bot that, upon recognising a string such as "M$" or "Micro$oft" (and at most once per thread) auto-posts that quote and link. Or, better yet, incorporate it as a part of the forum software so that every post containing that has the quote/link appended as a sig (which the poster, of course, cannot delete).

[edited by - Miserable on January 29, 2003 5:54:28 PM]

quote:
Original post by Fuzztrek
Use precompiled headers.

http://www.cygnus-software.com/papers/precompiledheaders.html

I've never used precompiled headers and it used to work ok... I guess it's some
kind of VC++ bug, 'cause before reinstalling everything it worked okay...
Does anybody has some more ideas?

thanx

[Edit] I forgot to mention that I've had this problem once and it fixed itself alone,
(don't know why) the day after I've 1st had this problem it just started to work ok...

KaMiKaZe

[edited by - Kamikaze15 on January 29, 2003 9:18:49 AM]

quote:
Original post by Miserable
This comes up a lot, doesn''t it? I think there should be a forum bot that, upon recognising a string such as "M$" or "Micro$oft" (and at most once per thread) auto-posts that quote and link. Or, better yet, incorporate it as a part of the forum software so that every post containing that has the quote/link appended as a sig (which the poster, of course, cannot delete).

Good idea, I''ll get right on it.

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
care the dates of your files ...

WOW!!!!!!! incredible, I just resaved my files to refresh it''s ''Modified Date''
and it worked perfecly

OMG, what a bug from VC++.......

thanx a lot to all of you who posted

KaMiKaZe

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by Kamikaze15
Does anybody has some more ideas?

You haven''t been fiddling with the system clock? Check that the file dates are older than your current system time.

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
You haven''t been fiddling with the system clock? Check that the file dates are older than your current system time.

I just reseted the BIOS before installing Windows and stuff so my system clock
was on 1 January, 2000 lol
But everything is okay now

KaMiKaZe

Guest Anonymous Poster
It is a bug, because the compiler shouldn''t care what the date on the files are, just as long as they''ve been compiled recently or not. I''ve had that problem before, and my clock was not changed. It seems to just fix itself after a reboot or two. I think the problem is, that VC++ locks the file that it stores your latest compile info in, so it can''t write the latest compile out to it (it previously locked it, and never closed it), which is why it thinks it wasn''t compiled recently.