Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectX SDK sample programs

This topic is 5431 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all. When I try to run the DirectX SDK sample programs for Direct3D I get a strange error for some. I''m of course in the ..\samples\Multimedia\Direct3D\bin directory. The first window says: "Could no load required media Switching to the reference rasterizer, a software device that implements the entire Direct3D feature set, but runs very slowly." Then I hit ok and another window comes up: "Warning: nothing will be rendered. The reference rendering device was selected, but your computer only has a reduced functionality reference device installed. Install the DirectX SDK to get the full reference device." And then it quits. It says I have to install the directX SDK but haven''t I already done that if directX is already installed on my computer? Is this just me? I''d like to see what they do in their sample programs.

Did you actually install the sdk or just extract it? YOu need to extract it to a tempory folder somewhere, and then run the included setup program. It sets up lots fo registry entries for you that you need for sdk stuff.

Alan