The Ultimate Yet Horrendously Benign Thread

Started by
61 comments, last by Bossk 21 years, 2 months ago
Wait wait wait! Don't close this just yet, mods, at least not until you read the rest, otherwise you will ruin what could be an immensely useful social experiment into the inner workings of the human psyche, or something like that... Anyways, here is the deal: we are going to make a thread that is so inane, so boring, so dull, that not even the mods (yes, not even Michalson) can close it. I'm not talking a "I'll be nice to these guys and wait for another mod to close this thread" deal. I am talking a, "I am physically unable to close this thread because the fabric of space time will collapse in upon itself" kind of deal. Each post you have to bring up a new dull boring topic, or at least build upon one of the previous ones. Or at the very very least, just bring up something that won't make anyone angry. Got it? Good! And no flaming! Nothing that is at all provocative, otherwise you'll just wreck it for the rest of us. I will begin with a classic. Watching paint dry: Are you done watching? That's good, now reply to this thread! And by the way, this is a two-pronged experiment. First, I want to see if preventing the mods from closing a thread is even possible. Second, I want to see whether we can actually handle not posting anything rude, inflammatory, etc. [edited by - Bossk on January 29, 2003 1:24:48 AM]
Advertisement
EDIT! ‚킽‚µ@‚́@‚΂©@‚Å‚·B
Next!

[edited by - taulin on January 29, 2003 1:42:46 AM]
/me edits as well because reply no longer makes sense. But because I don't want to waste a post, here you go... Speaking of love and joy for all, the Care Bears lub and wub you!

[edited by - Bossk on January 29, 2003 2:18:00 AM]
i like watching grass grow. (note the "lawngreen" font color. literally.)

[500 x1]

[edited by - redeyegames on January 29, 2003 1:47:13 AM]
-geoYou have achieved victory by DOMINATING THE WORLD.
Think HAPPY things...

Copyright (C) 2003 By a pack of insane people

UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus
Well, anyway, I'm sure many of you have already seen this image, but I decided to post it because someone else was asking about my erosion algorithm and code, and I went looking for the image online, and it wasn't online anymore, because that account doesn't exist anymore. So, I uploaded it to another account I have.

Unfortunately, although the terrain (and its drainage networks) were synthesized by my erosion program, I can't synthesize any new images or terrains, so we're stuck with that one. The reason is because while I was working on that code three years ago, I made some siginificant changes to the code, and I broke it, and I don't want to go back and fix it, seeing as how I haven't been messing with that code for three years.

No, it is not based on Musgrave's erosion model. It is based on a model by a geologist named Howard, and a paper that appears in Water Resources Research.

Speaking of computer graphics, if you saunter over to the graphics forum, you can take a look at one of my latest threads (shameless self promotion) where I discuss light temperature and color balance. The motivations for such stuff are discussed in that thread.

I went on a little hike on Sunday with a friend of mine. Normally, I don't really do hikes. Yeah, I know, I may have a reputation for hiking here at GameDev, but to be honest, I'm not really a hiker for hiking sake. I do like exploration of canyons and mountains, so, yes, you can call me a hiker. But, I'm not big on hiking in the woods, which is kind of what I did on Sunday.

But really, it was more of a little walk. We didn't bring any packs or water or anything. It was more just a little outing. Actually, what made it interesting was the fact that the trails were also used by horses. We talked with a few gals who were out riding. Two of them had just finished a ride - their horses were a Quarter and a Morgan. Another woman rode up on a handsome Warmblood with a nice blaze. He was a friendly fellow, and was over 16 hands.

All that aside, have a look at our forum dedicated to our 'Old West' game project. We're merely in the discussion stage, hashing out random details. Our biggest weakness right now is a complete and total lack of 3d models and 3d modelers. If you're interested in joining (seriously) then become a member over there at that forum.

Back to horses - I need to get out to Ridgecrest (in the Eastern California desert), and take a look at the wild horses the BLM have for adoption. This whole program is rather interesting. Currently, there are about 50,000 wild horses in the US, and the BLM would like to keep the population at about that level, maybe a little less. You can adopt a wild horse for real cheap, but you have to be committed to quality care for the horse, as the BLM will monitor your activities for the first year, as their intent is to find a quality home for the wild horses available for adoption.

What is fascinating about the whole process of wild horse adoption is the concept of taking a truly wild animal (unexposed to human handling, other than the minimal handling done by the BLM) and going through the process of starting, training, and bonding with the animal. Wild horses, due to natural selection and survival, are naturally intelligent and hardy creatures. Although they may look a little the worse for wear, they clean up nice, and some good nutrients in their food can bring out a shine in their coat.

[edited by - bishop_pass on January 29, 2003 2:12:30 AM]
wow, that really IS boring.
Dear god bishop_pass, this thread won''t get any more replies because everyone will be asleep! Good work,
OMG, *shakes heasd at bishop*

That was almost as boring, as say...

WATCHING FLIES FUCK!

YAY!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement