Debug Error "floating point not loaded"

Started by
1 comment, last by ThaUnknownProgga 23 years, 11 months ago
Why am i getting this? it''s happening in a call like this: fscanf(fp, "%f %f %f", &vert.a, &vert.b, &vert.c) where vert is a struct that has three floats, a b and c. i am parsing through a file and reading this stuff in and as soon as i try to do this it pops up debug error r6002 "floating point not loaded". what''s the deal and how do i fix? thanks in advance
Advertisement
You need to enable floating point. Most compilers let you disable (or disable by default) floating point. Tell me what compiler you have, and I will try to tell you how to enable it.
I can''t guarantee I''m right, but I think it might be...

--Don''t quote me on that, unless I''m right...
Shoot Pixels Not People
I don''t know how to fix it, but I can explain it. To work with a floating-point number, it has to be loaded into the FPU with the assembly command FLD (FPU: Load Data). The compiler should use this command any time it works with a floating-point number; Visual C++ does.

~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement