Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

need help with image quality in model loader

This topic is 5437 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I"m using gametutorials model loader for loading 3ds format. When I make the textrues in milk shape and add it to it it looks really good with all the details but when I load it up on the 3ds loader it loses some detail in the textures. LIke wood cracks on wooden boards are almost lost. Does anyone know why this is. Does it have to do with the linear regression as you move away from the texture. Cuz the closer I get it, the details is still lost. In opengl is there anyway to increase the detail of the shown textures to get a better image. If anyone knows anything I"d greatly appreciate it. thanks -Kenjin

I think I figured it out, for texturing the 3ds loader was
using building mip maps so you couldn''t see the detail mid distance you had to get really close, I changed the setting to gl_linear instead and it shows the details. For some reason I still get weird flickerings when I zoom in and out but at least one problem solved.
I posted pics of my problem and game at www.geocities.com/kenjinalex