DAMN THESE VERTEX BUFFERS!

Started by
7 comments, last by Zefrieg 21 years, 2 months ago
How utterly lame. DirectX would not render any of my vertices types that I created. Guess why? Just because there was a virtual destructor in the class/struct. Any idea why this is like this?
Advertisement
And you passed the pointer to the object, instead the pointer to the data? Guess what, DX didn''t know what to do with the pointer to your vtable!
VolkerG is spot on... a class with at least one virtual function has an internal pointer (in most compilers, it''s in offset 0 from the object''s address is memory) that points to the ''virtual table'' of methods of this object. You can read more about this in MSDN I guess.

Anyway, this is just a pointer, so it''s 32 bits long in Win32. Try outputing sizeof(myclass) with and without the virtual method, and you''ll see what I mean...
You''re a lame looser. Read the docs first.
Little rough on the guy mete?

BTW, are you (METE) the creator of Milkshape?

Techlead
www.myran.com/enilno
TechleadEnilno, the Ultima 2 projectwww.dr-code.org/enilno
Yes. I''m sorry Zefrieg. I just get upset sometimes, when someone blames others, before searching for the problem himself. However, nevermind ;-)

- Mete
I agree with Mete, before blaming something or someone, 90% of the time it is your code doing the problem.

BTW,

Milkshape is the BEST $25 I have ever spent!

Techlead
www.myran.com/enilno
TechleadEnilno, the Ultima 2 projectwww.dr-code.org/enilno
I see that some of you people have emotional problems. I was just pointing out that such a simple thing to fix was giving me problems.

I apologize for not memorizing every little detail about C++ and virtual functions. Though, I cannot apologize for the rudeness of others when it comes to their ill temperament. It is disturbing to find people that become so aggressive about logical errors and mistakes. Though, I am not without pity. Even though some people have mastered the semantics of a language, I understand that it doesn''t mean they can communicate it properly.
Zefrieg: you are right.

RhoneRanger: thank you! MS3D is my favorite project and I like it very much :-)

- Mete

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement