Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beaton_john

FREE GUI FRAMEWORK -> NOW ON TRIPOD

I have written a small gui framework... while compiled in a dll, the source code is included. The coding is not perfect+there are a number of bugs but, it has some neat functions, like being able to read VB forms, etc. it supports buttons, lists, labels, combos, options, checks, lots of stuff... i really need comments and suggestions, so write back. without further ado, here it is: i have fixed the link, so don''t read the other one http://thecproject.tripod.com/easygui_79b.zip

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:

This file is hosted by Tripod, a Lycos®Network Site, and is not available for download. Please check out Tripod''s Help system for more information about Remote Loading and our Remote Loading policy.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Downloading now... will check it out. I wrote my own GUI before, so I can now compare . Mine only supported Labels, Command buttons, scroll boxes and text boxes, but it was resolution independant, and could be translucent, different colored, etc. Time to unzip, will check it out.

Guest Anonymous Poster
(AP from above)
Wow.. that''s big.. and inefficient . The program itself is really cool, but I don''t want to have to install the dx sdk just to use it. Also, I noticed you''re using a lot of MAX_ variables and just allocating memory for the max, I simply use linked lists, and dynamic memory, which is much more efficient in terms of memory. The program is cool how it can load up the VB forms and stuff, and it has support for a lot of different objects, so the only complain I had, was the waste of memory, I''d rather see a linked list implemented for objects, instead of just allocating a set maximum.. this does 2 things.. A.) saves memory, and B.) puts no maximum on a form.

Yes, i was going to actually use an STL vector (linked list) but the thing kept fucking up the DLL interface. I''m only new 2 c, so i don''t know if it means the vector won''t work from a dll. said something about exporting it.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Very Nice... i like the vb form loading, only i think you should improve on the memory management. Keep up the good work!