Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batta

Linker Errors

Batta    122
I''m curently using Dev-C++. I''ve been using the NeHe tutorials, and they compile fine except for the linker errors. OpenGl32.lib continues to run into problems, i''ll list the errors reported: C:\DEV-C_~1\Bin\ld.exe: C:\Dev-C++\Lib\OPENGL32.LIB(OPENGL32.dll): warning: ignoring duplicate section `.text'' C:\DEV-C_~1\Bin\ld.exe: C:\Dev-C++\Lib\OPENGL32.LIB(OPENGL32.dll): warning: ignoring duplicate section `.idata$5'' and errors such as: C:\Dev-C++\Lib\OPENGL32.LIB(OPENGL32.dll)(.debug$S+0x0): multiple definition of `idata$5'' C:\Dev-C++\Lib\GLU32.LIB(GLU32.dll)(.debug$S+0x0): first defined here I''ve tried to dl the files from OpenGL.org, and have installed the files into my Lib directory, but to no avail. If any of you have any ideas and/or tips please let me know, or email me at Batta05@msn.com I''ve gone off to find myself Should i retUrn before i get back please keep me here

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
As far as I know, Dev-C++ (up to version 4 anyway) doesn''t support *.lib librarys. To link the OpenGl libraries you''ll have to dl DevC++ Versions (which are *.a files) or youcould try renaming the *.lib libraries to *.a (that might not work)

smart_idiot    1298
Dev-C++ comes with the OpenGL library whos files are named as FireSlash described. To use them, add the following line to the linker options:
-lopengl32 -lglu32

And this for the rest of the libraries you might need:
lib name .a -> -l name