• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EbonySeraph

File I/O In .NET(and VC++ 6)

This topic is 5596 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

On my current project I need to be able to read and write to more than one file at a time. I noticed that when I use file streams through fstream.h I get ambiguity errors when I declare the 2nd and sequential instances of the data type ifstream. This error comes in in VC++ 6.0 and VC++.NET. Also, in .NET it says that old iostreams are depreciated(or something like it). I want to know two things: What should I do to enable me to read and write from multiple files at once? What would be acceptable to VC++.NET? EDIT: If you suggest a method it would be nice if you could briefly mention the methods used to read strings and numbers from a file, and writing to it too. I need to be able to get numbers and strings from the same file "nicely." Thanks. "Ogun's Laughter Is No Joke!!!" - Ogun Kills On The Right, A Nigerian Poem. [edited by - EbonySeraph on January 29, 2003 8:30:56 AM]

Advertisement
It says old iostreams are depreciated because they are. Use <fstream> instead, and pop a using namespace std; underneath your file includes in your implementation file.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!