Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

digitalerr0r

Creating animations with the .X format

digitalerr0r    122
Hello, I bought the RPG book by Jim Adams, and im testing the core system in chapter 10. And I was woundering how to create animated meshes with milkshape3D. It is two model files that comes with the book, and I understand how the X file work, byt my problem is how I can define for eksample keyframe 0 - 40 to be "Idle", and 41 - 80 to be "Walking" and so on in MS3D? I can set the keyframes in one long animationbar, but not name them =| ?? (Hope you guys understand my problem) Any help would be apprechiated!

digitalerr0r    122
yes, but I don''t know if the program is capable to do this.

Jim Adams: If your reading this thread, can you tell me what 3D program you used to create this 3D model(or edit it)? I thought it was MS3D, but I don''t really know, and it''s just a waste of time to search for info that dosn''t exist..
Thank you!

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
You can animate MS3d models...
I did it once but forgot how. ...sorry I can''t be help...other than telling you that its possible, there are tutorials on it somewhere.

Dave Hunt    4872
quote:
Original post by digitalerr0r
yes, but I don''t know if the program is capable to do this.

The link I provided will answer that question.

quote:
Original post by digitalerr0r
I thought it was MS3D, but I don''t really know, and it''s just a waste of time to search for info that dosn''t exist..
Thank you!

Asking for help without first trying to find the answers for yourself is not a good way to gain support from this group.

Why don''t you check out the documentation and see what it can and can''t do?

DJKAOS    122
I have been looking more and I can''t find any good tutorials
on it.

I have found a few for loading .x files or .ms3d files, but I''m having a hell of a time finding anything for animation.. espesially with DirectX.

and the tutorials for loading are almost all for OpenGL....I suppose I could change it.