Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eli Gottlieb

My driver should support DX9, but it doesn't

^Topic. I'm using NVIDIA Detonator 41.09 on GeForce 2 MX, and the release notes say it's DX9 compat. But it won't even recognize DX9, let alone let me use any DX9 features. Example: the driver supports NVIDIA's vertex and pixel shader OpenGL extensions, and the release notes say it should even support VS20, but the Caps Viewer says it doesn't. Please help! Yes, I'm talking about D3D. When else do you need to worry about hardware features because M$ threw out the HEL? void Signature(void* Pointer) { PObject(Pointer)->ShowMessage("Why do we need so many pointers?"); }; Two guys walk into a bar. One's an Isreali ambassador, one's a Palestinian ambassador. They both get drunk. Then they start peace talks. [edited by - Eli Gottlieb on January 29, 2003 1:12:41 PM]

????????????????????????

void Signature(void* Pointer)
{
PObject(Pointer)->ShowMessage("Why do we need so many pointers?");
};

Two guys walk into a bar. One''s an Isreali ambassador, one''s a Palestinian ambassador. They both get drunk. Then they start peace talks.

Whats so hard to understand?

The Caps Viewer is "Capabilities Viewer." It tells you that your hardware does NOT support those capabilities. If you had the hardware that did, it would report Yes...

Just because the driver supports it, doesn''t mean the video card does. Its called "Unified driver". Meaning there is 1 driver for many different types of graphics hardware. Some hardware supports VS2.0, some don''t... Your GF2MX does NOT, and the caps viewer is telling you that.

Guest Anonymous Poster
make sure you have DirectX 9 installed.
http://www.microsoft.com/directx/