Annoying reset.

Started by
1 comment, last by Drath 21 years, 2 months ago
When I reset the device, I seem to not get all the dynamic vertex buffers cleared. Unfortunalty, this: Direct3D9: (ERROR) :The following D3DPOOL_DEFAULT surfaces/buffers/textures still exist Direct3D9: (ERROR) : D3DRTYPE_VERTEXBUFFER Does not help too much. Is there any easy way to check up on all the vertex buffers?
Advertisement
You''ll just have to go through your code and make sure you''re releasing all the vertex buffers that you are creating. I guess thats all you can really do. there really isnt an easy way out (unless you implement logging from the start of your project, but that also has its problems...aint it just sweet!)

:::Al::: [Triple Buffer V2.0] - Resource leak imminent. Memory status: Fragile
[size=2]aliak.net
GROWL...snarl...GRR!!!
The damnations of programming.
Just a nice reminder to all, novice to advanced, DON''T create the buffer twice by accident. I knew where I had the problem but I couldn''t find the exact lines. I eventually noticed I had added a call to the restore of the new object at the start although I had placed a call in the overall graphic restore function. It seems that creating a buffer twice does not cause any visible functions until you want to release it.
Thanks for the code checking advice...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement