• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eskimo of Death

Is there a way to make a game adaptable to ps2?

This topic is 5623 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Yes, I''m sure there is to make a game created on computer for the ps2 since it''s been done a lot already obviously, but if anyone has any books or sites that give the kind of language/script and work that goes into it, i''d be very appreciative to have the knowledge shared with me. My team and i are in the works of making a 3D fighter, and yes, it is very dificult, but workable. What we really want in the end is to make it into a ps2 game.

Advertisement
Short answer: no.

Long answer: There *are* 3rd party 3D libraries that are geared toward cross-platform development. However, I''m assuming you are not going to be able to afford them, so tough cookies there. Anything you do on the PS2 is going to involved a lot of PS2-specific hardware crunching, so what you''re asking for is pretty much non-existent in the industry, so far as I know. The best you can do right now is just to code in ANSI C/C++ and develope a fairly generic 3D engine that wraps DirectX/OpenGL on Windows or whatever, and hopefully some other system in the future.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!