Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eskimo of Death

Is there a way to make a game adaptable to ps2?

Yes, I''m sure there is to make a game created on computer for the ps2 since it''s been done a lot already obviously, but if anyone has any books or sites that give the kind of language/script and work that goes into it, i''d be very appreciative to have the knowledge shared with me. My team and i are in the works of making a 3D fighter, and yes, it is very dificult, but workable. What we really want in the end is to make it into a ps2 game.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: There *are* 3rd party 3D libraries that are geared toward cross-platform development. However, I''m assuming you are not going to be able to afford them, so tough cookies there. Anything you do on the PS2 is going to involved a lot of PS2-specific hardware crunching, so what you''re asking for is pretty much non-existent in the industry, so far as I know. The best you can do right now is just to code in ANSI C/C++ and develope a fairly generic 3D engine that wraps DirectX/OpenGL on Windows or whatever, and hopefully some other system in the future.