MFC Classes without MFC

Started by
1 comment, last by tscott1213 21 years, 2 months ago
Does anyone know if there are individual classes available that mimic some of the MFC functionality without having to create an actual MFC program (given the huge footprint). Specifically, is there a class available for File Dialog boxes that I could use with a standard windows app? Thanks Todd
Advertisement
Do you mean for opening and saving files? No MFC is needed. Check out the GetOpenFileName and GetSaveFileName functions. Start here: Open and Save As Dialog Boxes.

"It is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of their leaders. That is easy. All you have to tell them is that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
Hermann Goering
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
This is exactly what I needed. I especially appreciate the specific link, now I can figure out all the other MFC-like "stuff" that is available.

Thanks again.
Todd

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement