Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damocles

Online CV question

Damocles    133
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask in, but what the hell.... So I''m preparing my online CV so I have something to show prospective employers. I used to head up a small mod team, unfortunately the mod never managed to drum up enough supporters to complete it (the mod was a little too ambitious for the size of the game community). the question is, do I include this on my CV? I did a lot of work there in multiple fields, much of which I still have graphical representation of. I''m just not sure if it''s a good idea to show a mod that didn''t make it as it may reflect poorly on myself as mod leader.

Merle    122
I''d say yes, but word it like "lead a team which worked on a mod...", rather than "created " or other verbs.

If you actually learned a lot, and this wasn''t just a quickie (<3month) project, then it''s experience you gained, regardless of how the product did.

In my last job, I spent about 1.5 years working on a web app that was finally dropped -- simply because they bought another company that was further along on a similar product. (probably because that company hired 50 people for it, and we had a team of 5, but...). Still, I learned a great deal about a number of technologies. This experience can still transfer to a new job.