Centia MMORPG

Started by
13 comments, last by Doctor 21 years, 2 months ago
hello, im makin a MMORPG and my friends and I came up with this idea. having a bunch of cities separate from eachother and the PLAYER can run to be the leader of the citie who can control the military, fundings, etc. and each city can go to war with eachother and the only way to get the person out of office is to assasinate him or wait till his time is up. im thinking of incorporating that in my MMORPG that im designing right now and the website is at http://www.centia.012webpages.com we have new forums up and running, so make sure you sign up if u wana post comments and ideas...
Advertisement
Oh man! I can''t believe that you''ve specified the cost to play your game when you don''t even have a game engine to work with! Made me chuckle!
---------------------http://www.stodge.net
thats not just mine, thats every MMORPG, thats what they run at mostly....and i dont see why that should make you laugh
thats not just mine, thats every MMORPG, thats what they run at mostly....and i dont see why that should make you laugh and you dont even know IF we have an engine or not!
Hmmm...

You say there are 5 cities and you run for mayor for one of those cities. The rest of your "About" is focused on what you can do while you are mayor. Ok, that's great. But what if you aren't one of the lucky 5 people who gets to be mayor? What then? What is there to do for everybody else? You don't mention a single thing for a non-mayor to do. You also don't mention how one becomes mayor. Basically all you have done is given us a sprinkle of "wouldn't it be cool if the mayor could..."

I gotta tell you, this really doesn't seem well thought out. You have much work ahead of you... before you even write your first line of code.

If I could be so bold as to give you a little bit of advice: You should go to Amazon.com or your local bookstore and pick up a copy of "Game Architecture And Design" by Andrew Rollings & Dave Morris (published by Coriolis, ISBN 1-57610-425-7), and you should read it from cover to cover. Then you should sit down and write yourself a 50+ page game design document. And after that is done, hopefully you will figure out how to rewrite the "About" on your web site.

Good luck on your project.

[edited by - Expendable on January 29, 2003 12:35:22 AM]
E-x-p-e-n-d-a-b-l-e
i understand you, its a lil wierd, but it will be fixed up... thats just a brief thing...
I wouldn''t pay money for a game with frequent spelling mistakes or a website with massive pop-ups (I got three of the buggers).

I''d say at least clean up your presentation.
Gosh, I had a big reply written, but realised just how improbable this all sounds. If your just overly ambitious and not a troll, then start at the beginning and learn the basics. If you want to eventually work up to an MMORPG study existing ones while your learning your trade and see what works and what doesn''t. As a tip, having a very select few get all the fun and making everyone else be plebs isn''t a good way to attract and keep customers.

The actual game idea isn''t too bad, but it sounds more like an option for a multiplayer or single player game than an MMORPG...
- Ben Scott
quote:thats not just mine, thats every MMORPG, thats what they run at mostly....and i dont see why that should make you laugh

I'm not laughing at the price you want to charge. I'm laughing at the fact that you're even considering charging for something that will never be written. I mean your website and forums clearly show you don't have a clue what you're doing or how to even go about writing a game. I admit that you could write something if you found the appropriate talent but I'm just amazed that you think that you can write a game with a game description that is a few lines long and with zero technical knowledge.

Oh and I agree about the spelling. You're crazy if you expect people to pay you money for a game when they see all of the spelling and grammar mistakes on your website. If you're at all serious about anything, at least learn some spelling and grammar. However, if you're eleven years old and/or English isn't your primary language then I take that comment back.

[edited by - stodge on January 30, 2003 11:10:23 AM]
---------------------http://www.stodge.net
Easy, big Stodge. That goes for the rest of you, too. If you don''t have anything nice to say...

Constructive criticism is fine. Flaming is just nasty.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement