I NEED YOUR HELP!(Click HERE!)

Started by
11 comments, last by Taylor 21 years, 2 months ago
Thanx for the help guys, but OpenGL would now require me to buy a flippin book. I just bought "Windows Game programming for dummies" a year and a half ago and now "Tricks of the Windows Game programming Gurus" by the same author, LaMothe and I tell you what that is some trick shtuff. I dunno really where to start but I might try that allegro.cc whatever the hell that is...lol. Thanx again.
-Taylor
Taylor G.
Advertisement
You don''t need to buy a book. opengl.org has the red book and the blue book which are totally free. Oh yeah, good thing this isn''t technical writing class, and is rather just an internet forum. Otherwise we might not be able to mispell words, and might have to format sentences and such when we''re quickly trying to give someone some advice and move on with out lives. Thanks grammer dude, I woulnd''t know what to do without you. And you''ll have to excuse me as well, I'' a little cranky.
quote:Original post by Taylor
I want to make a strategy simulation and I need speed and an excellent audio driver support. Which is it?

OpenGL has NO audio support, so you''ll probably be using DirectAudio (or a 3rd party library) for that.

The same goes for input. OpenGL has NO input support, so you''ll probably be using DirectInput (or a 3rd party library) for that.

Hmmm... you might as well go with DirectX.

For the record, I like OpenGL, too

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement