A Question to those with Reason 1 or 2

Started by
1 comment, last by Mulligan 21 years, 2 months ago
I''ve seen many samples use a feature that I can figure out. I want to be able to use those green boxes around certain controls. I assume that I''m supposed to hold some button down and move the control itself while the song is playing, but I don''t have a clue what its called, and thus I cant look up how to do it. Thank.
Advertisement
It''s called ''automation''. If I recall correctly, all you do is hold down alt + click on a control and it will create an automation track for that control. You can then either record the control changes in realtime, or sequence them in the automation view.
I have never worked out how to do them in real time?

I manged to create the automation track with alt click (I used to right click and go "edit automation")

I would like to know how to do it in real time, though. I have never managed to work that out. Whenever I move a controll, it just sets the Automation Override for that controll.

Because I do my composing in Cakewalk and then mix in Reason, I don''t have to worry about manual automation anyway.

Also note that to do automation, the device need to have a track, so you will have to create one for things like mixers, etc.

Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Cool Links :: [ GD | TG | MS | NeHe | PA | SA | M&S | TA | LiT | H*R ]
Got Clue? :: [ Start Here! | Google | MSDN | GameDev.net Reference | OGL v D3D | File Formats | Asking Questions | Go FAQ yourself ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement