DirectX Link Error (w/ devc++)

Started by
4 comments, last by ATronic 20 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I''m currently compiling a directx project in DevC++ and I''m getting the following link error: //C/Project Mutandis/Code/InputSystem.cpp:224: undefined reference to `IID_IDirectInput8A'' make.exe: *** [Mutandis.exe] Error 1 I''ve been trying to solve it for a few hours now but I''m stumped. Any ideas? I have the directinput and direct guid libraries included and I''m using the correct header(s). Thanks ahead of time for any help! Alex Broadwin A-Tronic Software & Design ----- "if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me." "The answer is out there." "Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
Advertisement
Did you link to dxguid.lib?
Yep. I''m linked to "ldxguid," which is the DevC++ equivilant, I believe.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Alex BroadwinA-Tronic Software & Design-----"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me.""The answer is out there.""Please help, I'm using Windows!"
Doh! I guess I should have read your original post more thouroughly. "direct guid libraries" indeed.

Well, I''m stumped. Sorry.
Well, it turns out I had an outdated file. I replaced it with a new library and (whee) got 2 new link errors! They are:

//C/Project Mutandis/Code/InputSystem.cpp:26: undefined reference to `c_dfDIKeyboard''
main.o: In function `_6CMouseP14IDirectInput8AP6HWND(bool)'':
//C/Project Mutandis/Code/InputSystem.cpp:120: undefined reference to `c_dfDIMouse''

Any ideas?

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"
Sorry to up a so old topic
(but now, no one can say I didn''t search on the forum :-)

I''m getting exactly the same error! (undefined reference to `c_dfDIKeyboard'')

I''m using dev-c++ 4980 and the directx sdk9 for dev-c++

I''m sure to have correctly linked the files

For those who want to test my project :
http://pegasus.webdynamit.net/problem.zip

wich only contains a function that initiate direct-input

I think there is maybe a problem in the sdk for dev-c++

Thanks in advance

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement