Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VC++ 6.0 Bug?

This topic is 5435 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I dunno but I think I've found a bug in VC++ 6.0, try this:
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

class A {
public:
	static void Print() { cout << "A" << endl; }
};

class B {
public:
	static void Print() { cout << "B" << endl; }
};

// Buggy template function
template{typename T}
void TPrint()
{
	T:rint();
}

// Template function with "template argument" in function head, not buggy.
template{typename T}
void TPrint2(T* p = 0)
{
	T:rint();
}

int main()
{
	TPrint{A}();
	TPrint{b}();
	TPrint2{A}();
	TPrint2{b}();
	return 0;
}

(Replace my {} tags with the correct tags, forum wouldn't allow me to post them.) Output is: B B A B Should be: A B A B Correct me if I'm wrong. [edited by - MuLuX on January 30, 2003 2:56:59 AM]

Oh yeah, btw, I'm running linux on my server and sometimes I compile myu stuff there to make sure it's Linux compalitable, anyways I had a problem with anonymous structures in classes some time ago. I'm running gcc 2.95.something
Here's what I was trying to do:

class CVector {
public:
union {
float v[3];
struct {
float x, y, z;
};
};
};

This gave me some kind of error, don't remeber exactly what it said. I dunno if this is a bug but I think anonymous structs/unions are part of the C++ standard, right? Anyways is there anyway to come around this problem?

[edited by - MuLuX on January 30, 2003 4:01:59 AM]

Some versions of GCC supported the ''down-scoping'' of anonymous unions, but none supported the ''down-scoping'' of anonymous structures as far as I know.

I don''t think GCC''s 3.x''s C and C++ compilers support either (3.x cut many of the old GCC extensions to C and C++).

There might be a command line switch or pragma to enable those extensions though (I know Borland has a pragma to do that, for instance).