New 3D action game from JJsoft Games

Started by
34 comments, last by JJsoft 21 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for the feedback Bazee.
I thought the textures were not loaded into VRAM properly. I received an e-mail about the same problem you are having. He also had a video card with 8MB VRAM, so I guessed that could be the problem.

I need to investigate more but it''s hard to fix the problem without reproducing it locally.
Advertisement
quote:
Actually there is a reason why I choose to make the player character rotate instead of making immediate turn. It''s hard to explain but I will try...

When you want to move diagonally you need to press two keys together, for example, Up arrow key and Left arrow key. If you want to stop the character while facing the diagonal direction, you have to release the two keys at the same time. But it is almost impossible for human to release the two key exactly at the same time in 1/60 second. So you end up releasing one key first, say Up arrow key, and then Left arrow key, so you end up facing towards the left.

I haven''t played many levels of your game, but in the ones I played I didn''t have the need to walk dinagonally. Is it *REALLY* necesary to have diagonal movement? I think that, if it''s not, you should get rid of it and make faster turns. I mean, the way it turns now really hinders the playability...
System
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
Geforce 2MX, 64mb
Windows 98

No problems, around 30-40 FPS.

Second time I played it, The little dude would not move when on the higher platforms (level 1) I''d hop him up to where the enemies were, and he''d stick to one block. I could jump around, but he wouldn''t walk.

I agree with the suggestions mentioned too. Very nice looking game, get some cool weapons, like Duke3D''s shrinker, or a "musher", and it''ll be awsome.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
design _ theory _ discussion

http://www.gamedev.net: Lots of game programming stuff in general, annoying community though.
[Slime] I saw a headline on the newspaper today: "Horrific Rape in Alley", or something.[Slime] I was like "Is there any other kind of rape?"[Slime] "HILARIOUS RAPE AS CLOWN SODOMIZED"
I still think Battle Painters is your best game!
Great! game . Good graphics and excellent fps with not so good video card:

P4:1.6Ghz
RAM: 512mb
Video: ATI-Rage 128 :-(

Windows ME
DX 9
288 Mg ram
GF2 MX 32mg

76-82 fps

Nice game. Very polished feel to it. The only complaint would be the controls. They are not "comfortable" to use. Otherwise, great work.

GRELLIN

~CGP~
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement