Help on choosing IDE

Started by
5 comments, last by SomeoneHasMyName 21 years, 2 months ago
I need a free and easy compiler until i can afford visual C++ should i choose: A) A borland compiler (are they free?) B) Dev-C++ 5 (currently beta) C) Dev-C++ 4 person with the best answer wins a carton of beer thanks in advance If God made us, who Made God? If you cant make it, let it make you. "I play violent Computer games, I could snap at any moment!"
If God made us, who Made God?If you cant make it, let it make you."I play violent Computer games, I could snap at any moment!"
Advertisement
quote:Original post by SomeoneHasMyName
should i choose:
A) A borland compiler (are they free?)
It's a compiler, not an IDE. Just to let you know, and it's free.
quote:
B) Dev-C++ 5 (currently beta)
C) Dev-C++ 4
I don't use Dev C++, but I heard v4 is buggy in some cases, and some people say v5 is better than 4. But it's free anyway, so who cares? You are not paying a dime upgrading from 4 to 5 (unless you want to).
return 0;

[edited by - alnite on January 30, 2003 11:37:03 AM]
I''m using Dev C++ 5 right now I have used 4, both have worked great for me and 5''s debugger seems to work much better then any of microsofts ide''s that I''ve used. plus its FREE! and includes the source code.

Nos Obligatus Peto Veritas
Nos Obligatus Peto Veritas
Thanks guys, Ived dl''ed Dev5, now theres only 1 probelem....whenever i comile and run the program, it just flases, is there any way to keep the program up?

If God made us, who Made God?
If you cant make it, let it make you.
"I play violent Computer games, I could snap at any moment!"
If God made us, who Made God?If you cant make it, let it make you."I play violent Computer games, I could snap at any moment!"
#include <cstdlib>
system("pause");

or...

#include <cstdio>
getch();
thanks everyone

If God made us, who Made God?
If you cant make it, let it make you.
"I play violent Computer games, I could snap at any moment!"
By the way, your "problem" actually happens with all DOS programs run directly from the Windows GUI. If you ran cmd.exe and ran your program from it, it wouldn''t disappear. But Johnny''s solution is much easier to do.

~CGameProgrammer( );
~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement