[java] error with new version : j2sdk1.4.1_01

Started by
3 comments, last by CPeX 21 years, 2 months ago
I have installed a new version of the java sdk and when I trie to run my older programs I get the following error : (when I do frame.show()) Can someone tell me what I have to change thans java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no fontmanager in java.library.path at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1403) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788) at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:832) at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at sun.awt.font.NativeFontWrapper.(NativeFontWrapper.java:42) at sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment$1.run(SunGraphicsEnvironment.java:108) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) .....etc.....
Advertisement
Have you tried recompiling your programs? You might be using a depricated call.

"... we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation ..."
Thomas Jefferson
"... we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation ..."Thomas Jefferson
Hi,

I think, that the Component.show() method is deprecated. The replacement is Component.setVisible(boolean).

Try this and please tell us if it solved the problem.¨

Petr Stedry
Petr Stedry
it''s solved but I don''t know why !!?
When a method is marked as deprecated, that means that its not meant to be used. This also means, that Sun isn''t required to develop/enhance/correct/bug-fix the method any more, which means that you should stay away from such methods like the plague. It may work in current implementation, but there''s no guarantee that it will work in future ones.

Now whether or not Sun should deprecate methods, that an entirely different issue. But in short, if methods are deprecated, change them.
==========================================In a team, you either lead, follow or GET OUT OF THE WAY.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement