• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mescalito

Do you think using Visual Basic is programming ?

This topic is 5588 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
If you knew what programming is, you wouldn''t ask that question.

Visual Basic acomplish all the requirements to be a programming language, therefor, making visual basic proguies is programming.

If you are being sarcastic, programming dosn''t have to be difficult in order to be worthy. And it''s very possible to make very usefull programs with vb with 1/4 of the people necesary to make them with c++, and in 1/4 of the time. You just need a computer 3/4 more powerfull to run the app.

"Do you think using Visual Basic is programming?"

I hope you don''t mean to place yourself above VB programmers, because that would make me place you BENEATH them... I think Visual Basic certainly should be called ''programming'', whatever that word may mean to you. I think it can be more ''programming'' than C++ in some way, since you are programming higher level and thus you spend more time on thinking how to program the game/application/demo/whatever than on reinventing the wheel by doing everything low-level.

I hope this gives you a new sight to programming. Just for the record: I''ve been programming C++ 2 years now, before that I programmed (visual) basic for about 8 years. I think I can say I know the difference quite well and C++ is not much different from VB, just lower-level.

Yes, Visual Basic is programming. Just because it''s higher level than languages like C++ doesn''t mean it isn''t real programming. I personally use both Visual Basic and C++, depending on the project. I prefer C++, but sometimes I am working on a project that doesn''t require totally optimized code and I don''t want to bother with low level programming.

Nicholas Skapura
skapura.2@wright.edu
http://skap.8k.com
AIM: skap35

Hell, PHP/ASP/Python etc.... are ALL programming.

Programming isn''t how close to the machine code you get.

I love these language flamebaits . But what I really would like to so is some examples of work by those who knock languages.

Trying is the first step towards failure.

quote:
Original post by ragonastick
I love these language flamebaits . But what I really would like to so is some examples of work by those who knock languages.

Trying is the first step towards failure.

hehe what you mean?

Several of my friends would say that PHP, Python, ASP, *.Net, etc are all scripting and not programming. All of them are ''scripters'' in their own words, so they aren''t meaning it in a derogitory way.

----------
crAzy

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!