Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help on a book

This topic is 5068 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m wanting to get a new book, and am interested in Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus by Andre LaMothe, However, there are 2 of these, 1st and 2nd edition, is the 2nd edition a revision of the 1st edition, or is it, like volume 2? thanks

I have the 1st edition and I looked at the 2nd and to me they look exactly the same but it might be different. Also, I was looking over it in a bookstore and the chapter were at least the same. He doesn't have another book on 3d which is supposed to be the 2nd part to his first book. So I think the 2nd ed. is the 1st revised but still it might be differnt.. I think the 2nd one has been updated too because the 1st one is a little old.

DarkNebula

[edited by - DarkNebula on January 30, 2003 12:11:18 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by DarkNebula
He doesn''t have another book on 3d which is supposed to be the 2nd part to his first book.

It''s coming...

TOTWGPG 2nd Edition is basically the 1st edition with a few updates(the first book focused on DX6, 2nd edition focuses on DX8), fixed typos, talks about 16-bit graphics instead of just 8-bit. Nothing major. If you''re going to buy this book, definately get 2nd edition because it''s more up to date. Or if you want, I can sell you the 1st edition for half price.