Help on a book

Started by
6 comments, last by Arctic Wyvern 20 years, 2 months ago
I''m wanting to get a new book, and am interested in Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus by Andre LaMothe, However, there are 2 of these, 1st and 2nd edition, is the 2nd edition a revision of the 1st edition, or is it, like volume 2? thanks
Advertisement
I have the 1st edition and I looked at the 2nd and to me they look exactly the same but it might be different. Also, I was looking over it in a bookstore and the chapter were at least the same. He doesn't have another book on 3d which is supposed to be the 2nd part to his first book. So I think the 2nd ed. is the 1st revised but still it might be differnt.. I think the 2nd one has been updated too because the 1st one is a little old.

DarkNebula

[edited by - DarkNebula on January 30, 2003 12:11:18 PM]
alright, thanks
quote:Original post by DarkNebula
He doesn''t have another book on 3d which is supposed to be the 2nd part to his first book.

It''s coming...

quote:
It''s coming...

Yeah, look for it on the shelves around the same time as Duke Nukem Forever :-)

Alan
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
Is this book a good next step after completeing C For Dummies Vol 2 (I''ve gone through Vol 1 already too)?

Thanks
Maybe you should learn C++ and read it a couple times to make it sink in so deep you can program C++ in your sleep

DarkNebula
TOTWGPG 2nd Edition is basically the 1st edition with a few updates(the first book focused on DX6, 2nd edition focuses on DX8), fixed typos, talks about 16-bit graphics instead of just 8-bit. Nothing major. If you''re going to buy this book, definately get 2nd edition because it''s more up to date. Or if you want, I can sell you the 1st edition for half price.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement