Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neff

that fishtank thingie

I want the name of the nifty console function they used in the fish tank contest entries. I was looking for the typical thread, but it wasn''t showing up.. So... thanks return Neff;

and it might just so happen that that is the one which i was looking at!!!!!!!!! So.... does ANYONE know ANY console output functions besides cout and putch??? I''m thinking of that really really fast one that takes a char array and stuffs..

Thanks for responding.

quote:
Original post by Neff
and it might just so happen that that is the one which i was looking at!!!!!!!!!
So, look at another one.

look at anohter what?? I posted here so someone could either tell me where to find it again, or so they could tell me the function i''m looking for!!!!!

return sigh;

So that *you* are contributing. It is *you* that wants the answers, isn''t it? No one here minds helping others for free, but they are much less inclined when the person is not willing to help themselves. Why should I download the files, go through the source, find whatever functions where used and post them, when you, the person who actually wants the answer, can do it (you''ll certainly get the answer faster that way)? Just understand, some people dislike being treated as servants. And trust me, the exact function you are looking for (one that uses an array) are there, you just have to get off your butt and RTFS.

quote:
I posted here so someone could either tell me where to find it again,

OMG! So no one knows where the contest site is?? I HAVE been lokoing for it!! And this console function is apparently a popular one... some smart people out there prolly know what it is!! hence the posting! If you don''t want to answer or be helpful just don''t bother in the first place. I''m sorry i rubbed you the wrong way..

When faced with their own laziness people can either make excuses or make an effort. It''s the main difficulty in life and worth learning to deal with.

Guest Anonymous Poster
http://www28.brinkster.com/asciifish/Index.asp

Hehe, this thread''s funny.
quote:
Original post by Neff
OMG! So no one knows where the contest site is?? I HAVE been lokoing for it!!
Try Google with some cunning keywords like fishtank contest gamedev

The most helpful person here was the AP, who actually helped me. The rest of you sarcastic idle people didn''t do squat but annoy people. You should ''help'' people, not make lame posts about them.
fishtank contest gamedev does not bring up the fish contest page, which I was looking for. It did bring up a link to one of the programs, though.
if I was lazy, i wouldn''t even be posting here. Maybe I was just busy at the time.. Maybe the threads weren''t there this time. I take tiem to help other people, I don''t criticize them. Maybe this is why the world is falling apart these days. Not enough love, too much blind hate.

Next time you want to know where something is, you should ask in the original post. Sounds like you were asking about coding originally, then changed your question and got mad that only one person answered the question you asked near the end...

quote:
Original post by Neff
fishtank contest gamedev does not bring up the fish contest page, which I was looking for. It did bring up a link to one of the programs, though.
..Which has a direct link to the site AP posted, right on top of the page. And enough source code so that you can find the nifty console function there. So you could've found what you wanted with a simple Google search and avoid our replies.. Maybe next time you'll know what to do first

[edited by - civguy on January 31, 2003 11:33:48 AM]