3D Max to GL

Started by
3 comments, last by Pacovcina 21 years, 2 months ago
Who know where I can find the program for inmporting 3d max scenes in Open GL ? There was in some section in this site but now I can''t find it....Hrlp me :-)
Advertisement
If you download milkshape there are some plugs in to convert milk shape to cpp opengl. It shows you how to extract vertex, normal date as well. YOu gotta color and put texture coordates yourself though. If you download 3d exploration it also has a c++ exporter as well. I just use milk sahpe and use a model importer from here or from gametutorials.com
games rule
There's a 3DS Max file loading tutorial over at www.gametutorials.com. Click on the Tutorials button, then follow the OpenGL link...

EDIT: Didn't read all of the link above, it points to gametutorials.com too, sorry

Coding Stuff ->  [ iNsAn1tY Games | DarkVertex | How To Do CSG | Direct3D Vs. OpenGL | Google ]
Fun Stuff    ->  [ Evil T-Shirts | Stick-Based Comedy | You're Already Here | The Best Film Reviews ]

[edited by - iNsAn1tY on January 30, 2003 6:54:00 PM]
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]
I guess he wants to dynamically do that, on run time
Look into the ascii scene format.

Height Map Editor | Eternal lands
Well, i used 3ds format and I've even written a loader (available at my homepage), but I do highly recommend to you: don't mess with 3ds format. it sucks. The best thing you can do IMHO is to download flexporter and write a plugin for it. it's _much_ easier than the 3dsmax SDK, and flexporter can optimize the geometry for you. A bad thing is a lack of good docs, but using the examples I needed 1.5 days to write a plugin that did what I needed. It's defintely worth a try and really much less difficult than working with 3ds format.

regards,
-Lev

Edit: spelling, red wine is a negative factor here
Edit 2: But can you really say no to a Valpolicella? I can't.

[edited by - Lev Povalahev on January 31, 2003 9:43:47 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement