Help?? (drawing in C++ (not oGL or Dx))

Started by
2 comments, last by Betrayer_of_Code 21 years, 2 months ago
I am fairly far along and I was wondering if there is a way to draw in C++, i dont want openGl or Dx yet, I want to learn this way first. I would appreciate the help (+ a link to some tutorias on it) Homepage Luck is a Horse to ride like any other...Luckily im not a gambler, I dont know how to ride. For any total noob out there Here is a like to my tutorials, thry them out
BoC HomepageLuck is a Horse to ride like any other...Luckily im not a gambler, I dont know how to ride.
Advertisement
C++ has no internal graphics capability (hell, it can''t even write to the console by itself). You have to use an API.
Yup, c++ has no drawing capabilities whatsoever. What I would suggest is to dive into Win32. Yes it is a steep hill to climb when you just want to draw lines or points, but it in inherently necessary. Once you get the basics of Win32, you''ll have no problem drawing away.
It depends on your environment.

If you have a DOS compiler, you can just set a far char* to 0xA0000000 and start writing to the frame-buffer. For it to show up on the screen, you need to make some mystical interupt call, I think 10, with the VGA mode you want in ah. google for mode 19 graphics (or mode 13h).

If you are using a Windows compiler, then you need to use DirectDraw to get access to the frame buffer.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement