• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NexSim

DirectX 9 ????

This topic is 5593 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I intalled DirectX 9 SDK Full 230MB and setup Visual C++ 6 (SP5) with all include and lib files. But when I compile the www.andypike.com tutorials samples I got 0 error(s), 0 warning(s) but when I want make it run nothing happens.

Advertisement
Are the source files included in the project?

It may sound funny, but sometimes I create a project and forget to add the sources to it.

So, it's possible that you're compiling an empty project.

[edited by - Arkainium on January 31, 2003 1:29:11 AM]

everything is where it has to be, I dont know why, but before with DirectX 8.1 SDK it worked perfect and even without installing VC++(SP5). I dont know what else to do.

Remeber that you have to put the lib and include path first in the directory listing in your options screen.

But since it compiles that probably isn''t the problem.

Are you sure nothing happens? Maybe it just fails to initialize and quit. Try stepping through the app and see where it stops running.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!