Would this be hard?

Started by
4 comments, last by Sophist17 21 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys, I am learning C++... Would it be hard to make a game like tic-tak-toe? Or board games? It wouldn''t Im guessing... Should I learn direct x? (8) Or OpenGL? Which is easiest to understand? And easiest to remember the code...? I am working on a productions/entertainment team... And thought, maby I should try an make a quick easy game...! Any help here? Ok, thanks, bye!
War! Is! Totally! Use!Less! So! Why! Don't we just sit down, smoke some pot, and get along?
Advertisement
You can do tic-tac-toe using conio.h, which lets you call gotoxy to position the text output cursor, and output some extended ascii. Look at characters 179, 196, & 197
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
heh, if you decide not to go for the text mode, which is easy, I would suggest OpenGL, simply because you can just "do" OpenGL(after a very small initalization), where as Direct3D / DirectDraw takes a lot longer to initalize & de-initalize. Its much easier to begin in OpenGL.

Which is easier to understand? its a toss-up AND they are both equally difficult to master.

My real suggestion, is spend some time finding out what exactly your production/entertainment team is using, and use that. Its worth your time to do the research, because it will be pointless to become "barely-fluent" in OpenGL, and then move to Direct3D, or vice versa.

Oh yeah, and DirectX is a entire library of Code, Music, Networking, Input, etc, while OpenGL is JUST graphics...

~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
If you''re still learning C/C++ I wouldn''t even touch games beyond simple text input, guess a number, output number kinds of things. DirectX and OpenGL are going to do nothing but frustrate you unless you''ve got a solid foundation of knowledge to build on.
quote:Original post by JonStelly
If you''re still learning C/C++ I wouldn''t even touch games beyond simple text input, guess a number, output number kinds of things. DirectX and OpenGL are going to do nothing but frustrate you unless you''ve got a solid foundation of knowledge to build on.

Your right in a sense, I won''t understand OpenGL or DX... I was looking at NeHe OpenGL Tutorials, and I couldn''t see anything in it, just a bunch of code... An so, I''ll just try an understand C++ before anything else ...! Hmm, okay... Thanks, bye...

War! Is! Totally! Use!Less! So! Why! Don't we just sit down, smoke some pot, and get along?
If you aren''t picky then you can make an pretty easy tic-tac-toe game in C++ console programming. If you want you can look at mine, although it might have been done the hard way it works.

http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=5628&lngWId=3

The beginning is too close to the end...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement