Please may I borrow some textures?

Started by
1 comment, last by d000hg 21 years, 2 months ago
I''d like some better terrain textures to use with my engine (see sig for why I need them!). I know textures make a huge difference to the appeal and it would make my latest levels look SO much better. If anyone has a set of textures (grass,mud,snow,ice,sand,rock etc) that they are legally allowed to let me use (ie you made them!) I''d really appreciate it. Demos using such textures WILL be distributed so make sure you''re happy with that - I''ll credit it somewhere. I really want to implement DOT3 for all terrain so if you have DOT3 maps too that would be perfect. Thanks. Read about my game, project #1 NEW (18th December)2 new screenshots, one from the engine and one from the level editor John 3:16
Advertisement
Why don''t you do a google search say textures and free.

There seems to be quite a few of them around

Cheers
Chris
CheersChris
subverse textures are generally excellent (I've used some of the crate ones in my 3D engine, and some of the terrain ones in a tech demo I wrote). Not exactly sure what their stance on distribution is, but I think that as long as you include their text file, they're happy.

Also, I found this seamless grass tutorial on the internet while I was making the aforementioned tech demo. It looks quite good, but obviously doesn't have the detail that a real texture would have. It has a good method though; I made snow and volcanic textures just by varying the parameters a bit...

Coding Stuff ->  [ iNsAn1tY Games | DarkVertex | How To Do CSG | Direct3D Vs. OpenGL | Google ]
Fun Stuff    ->  [ Evil T-Shirts | Stick-Based Comedy | You're Already Here | The Best Film Reviews ]

[edited by - iNsAn1tY on January 31, 2003 8:14:40 PM]
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement