• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sabatai

programming card games

This topic is 5765 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m truly a beginner and would appreciate any direction regarding the programming of a card-based game for the PC. I intend to use Multimedia Fusion, as this is something I can comprehend, but I''m not frankly clear how to begin designating a playing card as an object. Each card would have three values assigned to it and be placed in a column on the board. Is there a special type of object which constitutes an arrangement of columns on the board -- my intention would be for the columns to be added to form a sum. Any help or direction to a good resource would be very much appreciated (books too).

Advertisement
Well I''m not sure if you''re interested in the programming, but if only the design matters to you maybe this link is of some use: http://go.to/cardtable

it''s a program that allows you to play certain card games on-line... if you know one of those games you can look snoop in the cards and see how things work and make the game you had in mind.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!