• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

themind

Beginning C++

This topic is 5738 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
"Practical C++" is good, i read that to get me started. It covers alot of the basics and OOP , aswell as some advanced subjects. Take alook at it:
http://ez2www.com/go.php3?site=book&go=0789721449

-----
Losec
-----

Is C++ and Visaul C++ considered different? Cause I have the Visual Studios for my computer and that was what i was going to use.

Is C++ and Visaul C++ considered different? Cause I have the Visual Studios for my computer and that was what i was going to use.

The Mind!!

c++ is the language, vc++ is the microsoft brand IDE.

c++ is to cheese as vc++ is to kraft.

Yeah C++ the language and Visual C++ is microsofts IDE ( one of the many out there) and has certainly proved to be the most popular. Books that focus on vc++ probably teach the features in vc++ as well as c++, which i suppose is an added extra if your a n00b But remeber that there is a visual net IDE which is the latest from m$, which may not be exact if you have that and a book on vc++ 6; if you know what i mean

-----
Losec
-----

[edited by - Losec on January 31, 2003 2:44:28 PM]

I figured I''d go ahead and say it, but has anyone considered this post should be on the beginner''s forum?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!