• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Klindarin

Looking to help or a place to start?

This topic is 5739 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If you have basic knowledge of a game development skill IGW may have need of you. We work on community based 2d/3d/text based projects to help young developers learn the ropes of how games are developed and structured. This is mostly volunteer based work but if you become involved on a project that is sold commercially then you will recieve a percentage of the money made. Currently IGW needs the following Positions filled. Writer - Currently IGW still needs a couple writers to work with the other IGW Reviews staff in producing Reviews/Previews of upcomming indie and some commercial based games. Programmers - We need programmers of all sorts. Any area of skill is fine.. ai.. networking.. engine.. tools development.. and others. If you have experience in any of those areas contact me (e-mail at bottom with application information) Concept Artist - We are looking for concept artists that can draw 2d and 3d. I would need submitted work showing that you can draw and scan your images on to the PC. Make sure the images are in .jpg format and zipped. Texture Artist - We are looking for some texture artists that are skilled in creating textures for projects IGW may host in the future or just to produce for the public gallery. 3d/2d Modeller/Animator - We are looking for both modellers and animators that can do both 3d and 2d work. I would need a few examples of your work as well make sure that are zipped. Sound/Audio Engineer - We still need a few people that can produce mp3 quality sound and music. Midi is acceptable for music but we need more so mp3 quality. I would need a couple samples of your original work zipped. New Projects - We are still looking to bring in indie projects that need that extra help on getting started whether it be staff/motivation/ or a web-page with pop3 e-mails. I would need staff count and design document to show your project has been thought out and is ready for development. Beta Testers - Are you a person that loves to test new games or likes to be the first one to experience the thrill of a new 3d shooter or immersive MMOG world? We have room for you too. IGW is working to build a huge list of active testers willing to test any sort of game for our Projects or other projects that need beta testing. Please submit any beta testing experience and your system specs on application. If you have experience in other areas and would like to help in this effort as well contact me. IGW is looking to create a huge indie strategy portion of the page and would need several dedicated members to update the game they choose to develop a strategy site about. All Applications please provide.. 1. Name (first for now until staff profiles) 2. Location (state/country/timezone) 3. Job Position 4. Years Experience (programmers: knowledge in which langauges? specialty? 'AI' 'network' etc..) 4. Past work (if any..) 5. A working e-mail and a working IRC Client. 6. and anything else asked within the ad of your job. Send this to matt@igworld.com . I hope to hear from you guys soon. As well if you visit the site now the layout is not finished and is sketchy. We are looking to push Phase 1 (Reviews/Interviews) portion of the site out by next week and so we can begin Phase 2 (strategy section). Thanks for reading this e-mail and if you have any questions regarding www.igworld.com feel free to contact me, no question is to small. Matt Bangert President IGW Interactive www.igworld.com (In Development Phase 1) [edited by - Klindarin on January 31, 2003 3:17:21 PM]

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!