MMORPG IDEA...

Started by
3 comments, last by PyroVespin 21 years, 2 months ago
I have a Great Idea for a MMORPG but i have no fesable way of implementing it so i will just toss it out there and maybe someone with power can build it and let me play it.. ERA: Future(Dont care when but just far away from now) The Game Would be made up of 1000''s of sectors each connected by a jumpgate system. there would be a few with Earth Type Habital Planets in them that would be homes to the monsters/races of the game, to travel between them there would be dozens of shiptypes from fighters to heavy capital ships where multiple people could join in to fly/control the various elements of the ships ie gun pods on capital ships. this would allow for space combat... skills would be based on experience with paticular items ie. gunnery would be based on how much experience u have with heavy weapons such as ship based cannons/gun pods/ ground based artilery and gunpods, where a weapons skill would be based on small arms such are laser rifles and such... some sectors would have starports where people just out to make a buck can travel between with goods as merchant traders... the fps part would have to modes 1 melee wich would allow a player to carry a shield generator to stop from being masacred by players with heavy weapons and would be viewed in a behind view (aka sw:jk2 lightsaber view) and then there would be a fps i gotta a gun view(aka standard fps) on the planets surfaces there will be shops and corprate(IE. Player Guilds)/player run buisness where people can buy weapons/armor/vehicals/etc, ground based vehicals would include everything from hover bikes, to tactial Walkers(like mechs) .... jeez if i say everything im gonna be here all week.... but thats a small gist of what i want to do... email me @ vespin624@hotmail.com if u want more idea''s for it or are seriously interested in taking on the game...
Advertisement
I''ve been in a team who designed such an RPG, I still have a few versions of the GDD, but the project disolved through time, since people started to see the game differently, and coding was slow (it still is).

So, the idea is not new, and yes it''s good, especially being able to play together in a single ship.

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
There is a game coming out soon (that looks absolutely AWESOME) that has many of these elements... It's called EVE Online. It's in the 5th Beta now, and is supposed to go retail in March. I can't wait to play it!

Oh yeah, here's a link:
http://www.eve-online.com/

[edited by - Expendable on January 31, 2003 5:11:58 PM]

[edited by - Expendable on January 31, 2003 5:12:10 PM]
E-x-p-e-n-d-a-b-l-e
If only the most beautiful singing bird would sing, the jungle would be a very silent place.
take it from one who played EVE beta 2-4.. It is not worth your time unless maybe only if you are completely obsessed with space.. or maybe you like it anyway?

Just wanted to say, tried it, didnt like it :o)
*c++ = true;

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement