• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dalik

SDL & Overlay Functions

This topic is 5595 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was thinking today and I asked myself a question that I didnt know. Here it is, I want to have an interface for the ingame. So I looked at SDL functions and I saw these Can I use these to set the interface or should I just blt the interface after I blt the game? I thought I dont wanna do the later because I am rendering a lot more then I should, full screen for tiles, then I render the interface. All I want to do is render the view screen which is maybe 600x400 then I render the interface which is the rest. If I did it the other way I would render 800x600 then render the interface which is just stupid.. Now if the overlay functions in SDL arnt what I think they are, should I just render 600x400 then blt the interface? I think this would have the same effect.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!