KDE or GNOME?

Started by
30 comments, last by elendil67 21 years, 2 months ago
quote:Original post by Null and Void
Drag and drop file saving and opening: One of ROX''s claimed features. Unless I misunderstand what Oluseyi (and ROX? ) meant, Gnome and Nautilus already seem to support drag and drop file saving and opening of files (with Gnome 2.2 in Debian).

Actually, drag and drop file saving and opening dispenses completely with the File... menu option equivalents. Say you''re typing in WritePlus (IIRC, that''s the name of a word processor that provides drag and drop file saving) and you wish to save the file. Rather than navigating to the File...->Save As... option or hitting the command shortcut, you simply drag from the page to the desktop or to an open folder window. The icon appears with your cursor positioned to name the file and voila!

Generally, I completely agree with your comments. OTOH, though, I think that new paradigms need to be explored and actively developed - and I''m aware that there are efforts doing so. In particular I''ve been wondering whether a system inspired by Honda''s Touch-by-Voice navigation system could simplify the problems associated with voice recognition in noisy environments by at least indicating when the system should consider audio as input.

That''s one great thing about science. There''s always more.
Advertisement
quote:Original quote by Oluseyi
That''s one great thing about science. There''s always more.

Amen.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement